Saturday, February 7, 2009

My weekend's work

What's on the studio floor, a heap of digital prints I finished processing ready for Repetition No 5 Red, I just have to glue it all together. There are 3 new paintings and photo pieces. A preliminary painting for a new series of paintings, I guess.

I've been fighting the urge to 'tattoo' or draw and paint on skin for while so I though I'd try some photos, I think these turned out far better than I thought, I was worried they would look really tacky & cheap but they don't, instead they look great. I like the way these 'tattoos" blend into the paintings. I finished one piece and I'll finish the other two next weekend.

The black painting is very weird. I haven't done pieces with black backgrounds for while. This one has black collage words: "Insert name here". They has painted in thick acrylic and scratched back to there paper base. I'm not sure what this will turn into, I think it will become series, my work usually does. They had a really strong creative push to paint them, usually pieces like have this strength are much bigger, nearly always oil, so this ones very strange as it's on 6 x 14 in. Guess I'll do some more in this direction and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment