Friday, February 6, 2009

it's just too hot

Melbourne is in heat wave conditions...again. It is horrible, high winds and mid 40's, ( about 115 F for all you Americans). I stayed in the studio for as long as I could take it. I've been doing this experimental work drawing "tattoos" on photos. It turned out so much better than I thought it would. It looks so freaky but great.
Anyway, I was beginning to melt so I had to stop and escape to the local bar, it has the best air conditioning. This bar is only block away and, under normal conditions, I would never set foot in the place. It full of really straight well dressed people. They seem nice enough but I feel like an alien. I just came out of the studio, I guess I'm a bit disheveled. There's one other woman here who has a full sleeve of tattoos, seems to be a bit of a theme today, who is looking just as uncomfortable as I feel.
Nevertheless, I'm staying, it's far too hot out there. I'm just going to sit here in the corner and keep my head in my Mac.
They all get pissed (drunk not angry) soon and forget I'm here.
I'll post some of these new images tomorrow...I need more wine now

No comments:

Post a Comment