Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New Work



I've started back at grad school this week at the Victoria College of the Arts in Melbourne. I was asked to do five drawings for the next class and these are three of them. For those of you that follow my work, you'll know I have two definite styles, one geometric and patterned using the primary colours only and the other biomorphic abstractions with no colour restrictions. These works are attempting to merge the two styles, just to see what happens. so far, im happy with the results...
There are another two finished drawings in this series which I did take shots of, however I have mislaid my camera usb cord. We had a huge storm in Melbourne this week and my studio was flooded. Luckily I was there when it happened and managed to get everything above the waterline but in the chaos I've no idea where I've put it. When it surfaces I'll post them....

Here's a link about the Melbourne storm
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/an-organised-beast-of-a-storm-belts-city-20100307-pqnw.html

39 comments:

  1. So glad you are ok and you were able to save your studio! Your work is great!! I could visualize it in book form...How cool would that be! :D Take it easy...Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.............................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 怠惰使一切事情都困難,勤勞使一切事情都容易 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。.........................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 這一生中有多少人擦肩而過?而朋友是多麼可貴啊! ............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. 感謝大大的無私分享 讓小弟獲益良多 終於知道網上還有這麼多的好東西≧▽≦"
    ............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. 人生有些波折,才能有些成長,所以不論順逆,凡是成長、成功的助緣,都應該心存感激。.................................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. 真正仁慈的人,會忘記他們做過的善行,他們全心投入現在的工作,過去的事已被遺忘。.................................................

    ReplyDelete
  10. 人生有如洶湧的波濤,如果沒有岩石的阻擋,怎能激起美麗的浪花?......................................................

    ReplyDelete
  11. 生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。..................................................

    ReplyDelete